Goodbye 2017

As you can imagine, I'm looking forward to forgetting 2017. It's not really been the year I want to remember in a hurry - but with some reflection, it's also a year I do want to remember.

Obviously, the diagnosis of testicular cancer in February and the subsequent treatment and everything that went along with it would make anyone want to write off the year.

But what really sticks in my mind, are the good things from 2017.  Yes it all went a bit wrong at the start, however, to discover the love and support from family and friends has just simply been amazing.  Friends I haven't spoken to for years, old school mates getting in touch to say hello and to see how I am.  Seriously - it's been amazing. The support of my family has just been unreal.  The support of our employers, amazing. 

Away from "Me" - the Boys have worked really hard at school and fortunately, there seems to have been little impact of what I've been going through on them. Academically, they both turned in brilliant reports and from a sporting perspective, they have both continued to improve and enjoy their respective sports.

Nat has been amazing. She has held us together and ensured that Team Cookie stayed on track, for that - I can never thank her enough. My Rock, My Angel, My Love, My Nat x

So the test results so far have been really good and I'm looking forward the end of January 2018 for the next load of tests, CT scan and consultation appointments.

I'm also really happy to have almost reached half of my target already for The Marsden March. I guess I should start 2018 with some practice walks !  

Click here if you would like to help me raise some money for the Mardsen.

So - here's to the good bits of 2017 - there have been some great bits - which I will remember forever.

Looking forward to 2018 - a New Year - Same old me :)

Dan
x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time