Back to The Marsden

So today was the first visit back to The Marsden since the end of June.

I had my bloods taken early in preparation for my late morning appointment.  

Was weird being back there, a mix of emotions and suddenly that feeling of worry I might be told something bad - no idea why - I just did . The thought of - "what if it's come back?" - I mentally slapped myself! Not going to happen !

Eventually I got to see the the main man, Professor Huddart.

He checked me over and told me he was really pleased with my progress. Impressed my hair had grown back dark, not grey and that I was training again.

He was more pleased with the last set of test results and scans and that in short the plan had come together and we were seeing the expected results. The results being that the cancer has gone.

I was sent for a routine chest X-ray and afterwards I popped up to see the staff on Kennaway ward. Was lovely to see them again and they all wanted to know how I was and were delighted with how I've got on. 

So - very happy and thankful to everyone at The Marsden. All good so far - the plan is to carry on - normality is back next week with the Boys back to school and the rugby season starting this weekend.  Bring it on !

Next checkup - 2 months time. 

Cheers !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time