Back on the Pitch

So, today I achieved what I set out to do right at the beginning of all of this....... I played my first full 80 minutes of rugby.

It was a target I set myself on Round 1, Day 1 of chemo - "preseason training starts today". 

I had a run out a few weeks ago in a pre-season tournament - but that was only a couple of 20 minute halves. So on Saturday - I played the full game - not an ideal situation - I wanted to start with maybe just a half -  but hey - it can't be that bad right ?!

So - we played a very strong side - I play for our social team - we played the opposition 2nd team !  Aching and bruised but I absolutely loved it !

Happy doesn't come close to describing how I feel right now. If I look back at what my energy levels were like - it seems hard to imagine I would be doing this today.

Looking forwards, match fitness is the next target and more games and training to help that happen. 

To add to the desire to get fit - we've decided to give something back to The Marsden. Next year - Nat, Lewis and Ollie will be joining me in The Marsden March.  So - if you can - please pledge some cash to help The Marsden do what they do best.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/thecookiewanderers

Without My Family, Friends, The Royal Marsden, the NHS and being completely bloody minded that I was not going to be beaten - so far so good.  Still lots of regular tests to come to ensure the bastard hasn't come back..... it's going to be alright.......

Craig was right - No matter the odds - Never Give Up x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time