One Month Since Chemo

So it's been a month (and one day) since I last had any chemo.  Life is good.

In summary: 

Tiredness has gone, daytime naps are a thing of the distant past.

I'm back to work properly.

Everyone got used to me not having any hair.

Now my hair is growing, they will have to get used to me with hair again - albeit a bit grey and a bit baby soft.  Currently not curly or ginger - much to the disappointment of some of my mates !  

I still don't have a full head of hair by any means but it's coming and I keep getting Nat to cut it back, so I have an even cut - as it grows at varied lengths ! But it's getting there and I now am just on the cusp of having enough hair to say I have a very short haircut - the hair definition is almost back !  

As I've said before - I didn't like myself with no hair and although everyone said it suited me - I didn't like it.  Plus It's horrible when it rains with a bald head !  Another couple of months and that bit will be back to normal !

I've had to change my razor blaze !  Yes - shaving is back to normal - if anything I have a much thicker beard growth coming through - no beards here - so having to shave every 1 or 2 days again.  

My plan to play rugby is on track.  I went to training last night.  Spot the bloke who's not done anything this year. It was brutal.  I was doing squats - whilst holding someone on my back. Shuttle runs, lifting dead weights, Touch rugby (no contact - yeah right !).  

I left the club aching - I felt like I had been beaten up this morning.  No pain no gain.  I should know that !  

So, I'm actually looking forward to my Thursday evenings - although not sure I will be able to "re-hydrate" in the clubhouse every week.  I plan to add in some extra bits during the week to help the recovery to fitness.  Every bit helps. But also have 4 weeks until I go to France and have to deal with the swimming pool speedo rules.  There is only so long you can breathe in for !  

Until next time ........







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time