Round 2 - Day 5 - The Weekend Starts

So the first item on the agenda today was to read back what I did this time after the last round of chemo.  My first weekend after round 1, I felt fine and carried on as normal until I realised I was knackered.

So I started this weekend, feeling tired and aching - a marker already. Rest, relax, recover. 

I slept well last night, had to get up a couple of times to pee - but peeing is still good - it's getting the chemo through my system. Plenty of fluids during the day, taking my anti sickness tables with meals and doing as my body tells me. 

Thanks to Jo for taking Ollie to training this morning, gave us an opportunity to sort a few bits out at home, in between me resting !

Took the boys for a haircut and was offered an unplanned tidy up as I'd started to go a bit patchy.  So on my last visit, they took my hair down to a grade 0. Today, they used a different razor. No more patches or bits of hair dropping out ! Bring out the polish !





Had an afternoon nap which was much needed and am now ready for the rest of the day. Spending the rest of the day watching rugby and having a nice evening in front of the TV with the family. 

Early night tonight before watching Ollie's team play in a charity football tournament tomorrow morning. It's to help raise money for a local 10 year old who has been diagnosed with cancer - lots of local teams are taking part. 

It's at Danetree Primary School - so if you have nothing on - come along and give your support. We will be there for the morning session. Let's hope the weather holds out - and yes - I'm taking a chair and I will be using it ! I learnt that from last time !






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time