Round 2 - Day 19, 20 & 21 - Bank Holiday Weekend

A busy weekend - I guess you can call it making the most of it before I go back into The Marsden on Tuesday for Round 3. Tiredness levels are OK, just trying to shift this bloody cold before I go in but it's improving - which means my immune system is fighting back.

We couldn't do camping - but we did make a day out of it instead. We packed the car up and took the cadac, chairs, a gazebo, table, plates, drinks and a sun lounger !  One day - looked like a week's worth of gear !  We had a fantastic day out and although I needed a disco nap in the afternoon, we really enjoyed the day. Ollie was really upset when we had to leave - he was tired and really wanted to stay - next year - and all the years after that.

I managed a bit of gardening over the weekend - not loads - well actually planting 5 plants - that was hard work - needed a rest after that - satisfying that I achieved it and the garden looks good. Just glad we got them in before it lobbed it down with rain !

We've been spoilt this weekend - having been invited to Nat's Dad's for dinner one day and Nat's Mum's another day - so effectively a weekend off cooking at home.  Much appreciated - and stuffed both times.

I was looking for a pub beer garden umbrella to keep me out of the sun this summer - as chemo fried bodies don't react well with the sun apparently - so it's going to be shade central for me this year.  So after I posted a "who knows a pub landlord" question, my friend Sean spoke to the landlord of the Famous Green Man in Ewell. I just have to pop down and collect one.  Thanks John the Landlord - and thanks Sean for asking him on my behalf.  Cheers !

Monday evening was spent getting ready for round 3 tomorrow.  Preparation of getting everything sorted at home before I go in - and then packing my bag !  The timing for round 3 is a bit shit as the kids are on half term this week, so even more pressure on Nat.  However, as always, so many offers of help and the boys are sorted for the week. Massive Thanks to everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time