Day 12, 13 & 14 - Bank Holiday Weekend

I'm still fortunate enough to be operating in the "normal" zone.  Literally everything is like normal life. Still appreciate the fact this could change at any moment - but frankly enjoying it 
while I can.

Watched Ollie's last game of the season, which I'm pleased about as it was the best they have played. Great competitive game and a shame they lost in the end.  Nice relaxing afternoon followed up by a game of trivial pursuit with the kids. Well, it started with the kids - they got bored......... I won...

Sunday was the community day and prize giving at the club.  Great turnout and was good to see loads of friendly faces.  I wasn't allowed to take part in the tag tournament after wrecking my knee last year and it wasn't a good idea to attempt it currently anyway.  Glad to see it was so fiercely contested as normal - glad I wasn't playing !!!  Managed a couple of cheeky pints as well - the Guinness went down very well !

Highlight of the day was seeing all our boys together today and seeing some collect their deserved awards. Well done boys - looking forward to U14's next season !  Thank you to the parents for my goodie bag - a fine selection of booze ! Much appreciated.




Home to have my final injection of the 5 day course (thanks Steve for coming round every day !) and a quiet afternoon grazing on the cheese and meats from the farms market at the club.  

Quiet day tomorrow, before I head back in for my Day 15 treatment on Tuesday - a repeat of last Tuesday - early blood test, followed by one dose of chemo - then home.

Enjoy the long weekend !


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time