Swollen and Sore but Home

It was good to be home - although in alot of pain, not very mobile and man, the swelling was crazy.  

But what should I expect? There's been a severe amount of maintenance going on down there - give it a few days and I'm sure it will be fine....

So I rest and sleep and Nat and the Boys are brilliant. Running around after me, making sure I have everything I need. I moved between sofa and bed during the day - trying to find that ultimate position to be comfortable in - eating painkillers all day. 

Overnight I'm sleeping but having major night sweats, resulting in changing my clothes and sleeping on a towel to absorb the sweat. It's not pretty but I've read this could be due to the anesthetic. I go with it..... 

The restrictive underwear is starting the struggle with the masses it's meant to be retaining.  Hang on - this swelling is meant to go down isn't it ?? Not increase ?  Maybe it's part of the healing process I tell myself. It's fine. More painkillers.

The problems with my painkillers - they were codeine - they bung you up, so not only am I in pain - I'm constipated ! Bring on the Sena tablets !  After a few days of Sena and fruit juice I feel much better !

The day arrived I could have a shower, the dressing came away as expected and I noticed that it was weeping a bit, but that was to be expected and it was nice to be properly clean again. Nat played nurse and applied a new dressing. I felt OK, still sore but in alot of pain still.  Not convinced everything is right as the dressings seem to be filling more often....

Over the course of the day, I slept and changed dressings when needed, all still filling up, rather than the expected spotting.  It was still bad later that evening, so with the kids in bed and the unwillingness to call a friend to come over and watch the boys (Yes I know - we should have called and have been told the same by almost everyone) - we called the non emergency NHS phone line.  



To cut the story short - we eventually got a call from the out of hours Doctor - who didn't seem that interested and suggested we visit Surgery tomorrow or A&E.  Do we call an ambulance out ?  Not an emergency - I'm not dying - it can wait until the morning, so mega dressing applied, washed, steralised and dried mattress protector back on, towels on, backup towels ready. Sleep time........ it's been a long day !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time