New Job

Today marked the start of my new job. Goodbye to the daily commute to Colindale for The Home Office but a sad farewell to some great people.

My new working location is just outside Gatwick Airport - which means I get to drive through the beautiful countryside, with hardly any traffic and I arrive 45 minutes later very relaxed to start my day. I'm working for a pharmaceutical company and my first meeting was with HR - for my induction to the company.

The induction went well and then I had to share my unplanned medical news with her. Notes were taken and I shared my concerns about starting my new job and that the following Thursday I would be going in for an operation.

"No problem Dan - you need to do what needs to be done. Health comes first."  Refreshing and minds were set at rest.

Day 2 of the new job - I get a call from the hospital admissions team. We've moved your operation - see you on Monday !  Off I pop to see HR and my management - not an issue.

So I worked for three days - and then said see you soon.  "Take it easy Dan, get well soon" It was like a dream - a company that cares about the individual?  Surely not - it's been a while since that happened...... 

'Why have they moved my operation forward' Worrying but I'll keep that in my head (until now) ......It's going to be OK.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time