Normality has resumed

It's quite weird how intense the last few months have been.  Constant updates on what's going on as each day I felt different on a daily basis.

Now though, each day is just normal life. Kids go to school, we go to work, planning our summer holiday etc.  

Now I'm not saying for a second that I would rather be occupied with having loads of chemo shoved into my veins - I don't plan on having that again.  But it makes you realise how it did take over my life for that short space of time and how everything I've started to do again now, had to be done by others.  For that - I can never say Thank You enough.

For me now - my tiredness has pretty much gone.  I'm working on my strength, working on getting fitter - although I will be starting pre-season training at Sutton and Epsom next week - I can't wait - new fitness coaches for my side - with the brief to make us all machines by the start of the season (oh and to see who is sick first due to training).  It's going to hurt !  

Hair and beard is working it's way back.  I'm getting stubble every two days as opposed to weekly - almost back to the normal daily shave there.  Lot's of grey hairs appearing, although quite a few darker hairs now appearing on my head.  Still not a full coverage by any means - so the factor 50 is still being applied on a daily basis.

This week, Nat's Brother Chris, his Wife Rachel and my favourite niece Charlotte flew in from Houston for a week. It's been great seeing them and getting to know Charlotte.

Looking forward to this weekend.  Getting the Scouts off to Scoutabout. The Final Lions test - which I hope to watch at the club.  Going out to the theatre with Chris and Rachel for Nat's Birthday (Sunday) and My Birthday(Monday). Family BBQ on Sunday.  Day off on Monday to rest and relax !  A perfect weekend.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time