Round 2 - Day 15 - Chemo Day

Day 15 is chemo day.  So the usual drinking gallons of water all day to ensure that my veins are up and ready to get stabbed !

Early doors at the Marsden, 9am for bloods, which was simple.  Veins up, stab - blood out.  Job done.  Come back later on.  I'm due in at 5pm, but could get a call earlier.

So I go home and start work.  Just before midday - I get a call - Marsden need me to come back and do my obs - and then I can have my chemo once approved by the Doctor.

So i arrive at the Marsden at the same time Gethyn arrives from Wales for his Tuesday visit.  We have our observations taken and then head to the canteen for lunch and a catchup.  

We head back up to Kennaway ward and I'm told that I'm good to go.  The advantage of living so close and having my blood test done early ! 

My bloods are good. Most people have a blood count of 150,000 - 400,000 - mine are currently at 159,000 - so I'm still just within the normal range.  Clearly the healthy diet is working - lots of fruit and veg (medicinal doughnuts, dirty burger at the Cub football, guinness and gin ! I guess also help !!).

So - I'm good to go - Chemo in and done and I'm home.  Going to take it easy tonight.

I had hoped that I would make it to Cubs tonight but I'm suddenly quite tired.  Guess that's what happens when you have a load of bleomycin shoved into a vein !  So being sensible - I'm not going and going to rest up.

Mum and Dad staying tonight so a quiet dinner in with them then zzzzzzz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time