Home !

It was good to be back in the comfort of home again.  This time with less pain and less swelling. Nat was brilliant at playing nurse again changing my dressings and Mum and Dad were around until Wednesday to lend a hand where they could.  Again - Thank You.

With Nat at work, I had to master the art of changing dressings myself which was quite easy after a few attempts - although I did find that changing the dressings unaided meant that more hair was caught in the dressings than normal.  Dressing removal was painful shall we say !

I went back to the office two days this week - It was good to be back in the office environment and was welcomed back and then also told no to over do it.

Dressing changes in the office toilets were interesting lets say !  More than anything - I wasn't going to be restricted unnecessarily. I could drive, I could get to work. I was happy.

I had to visit the Marsden on the Friday for blood tests and a PET scan (where they load you up with radioactive stuff and scan you to find anything bad) and went to see the GP to check on the wound status.

The GP confirmed that he was pleased with the status of the wound - which was more of a scar site now and by comparison to other patients - I was progressing at a much better rate - and I had an infection.  This was massively reassuring.  We went into the weekend pleased with how it was going - although there was always the great unknown ahead.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time