The next day, moving on and research

I awoke with a strange feeling.  

Monday, it was work and I had to get on a train and tube to Collingdale with a massive hangover.  I hope I make it without throwing up ! (I did and hurrah for the staff canteen fry up!)

The best feeling was that I had shared the news with my some friends - who all contacted me that day to check on me. I would proceed to gradually tell a few more over the next few days.

My wife had been busy looking up details on treatments and remedies for testicular cancer. I will say here - be really careful. Google can sometimes really NOT be your friend ! Understand exactly what type of cancer you have and the treatment aimed at you - otherwise you could get yourself very upset for no reason.

One useful thing she found out was the cancer cells contain the most sugar receptors of any cell in the body.  

So - from tomorrow - no sugars or carbs - we shall embark on the Ketosis diet - we shall not feed this thing! 

As a side effect of the diet - apparently you might lose some weight. Double winner - to recap - I'm a rugby prop - I'm not a small chap but could lose a bit of timber.

We looked through the books and worked out food and a menu and went shopping for food after work !

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it's been a while

Round 3 - Day 1 - Back to The Marsden - The Final Round !

Checkup Time